See photos (13)

Eglise Saint-Rémy

Religious building in Saint-Rémy
  • The first church of Saint-Rémy dates from 1485, under the name of Saint Rémi, bishop of Reims, Sanctus Remigius, which depended on the bailiwick, the
    the diocese and the archpriesthood of Chalon. Under the Ancien Régime, the inhabitants of Taisey and Saint-Rémy constituted a single parish whose church was in the town of Saint-Rémy
    In 1842, the nave was enlarged and the bell tower above the entrance was moved, with its bell dating from 1538
    With the help of Father François Douheret...
    The first church of Saint-Rémy dates from 1485, under the name of Saint Rémi, bishop of Reims, Sanctus Remigius, which depended on the bailiwick, the
    the diocese and the archpriesthood of Chalon. Under the Ancien Régime, the inhabitants of Taisey and Saint-Rémy constituted a single parish whose church was in the town of Saint-Rémy
    In 1842, the nave was enlarged and the bell tower above the entrance was moved, with its bell dating from 1538
    With the help of Father François Douheret (1906-1985), parish priest of Saint Rémy from 1941 to 1967, the church was adapted to the Vatican II Council with the priest
    officiating at mass, facing the faithful. Stained glass windows by Pierre Choutet were installed.
  • Documentation